April 8 @ 10:00 am - April 10 @ 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The tandem rating course will take 3 days, weather permitting. The course consists of two days of classroom with lots of practical training and correction of the written exam. There are 5 jumps in the course. One solo jump with the Sigma rig, one where you are the passenger and three evaluation jumps where you are the tandem instructor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 500 ram air jumps
- Minimum of 3 years in the sport
- USPA D license or foreign equivalent
- Hold an instructional rating
- Current FAA class 3 medical or foreign equivalent
Before the Course:
- Read tandem portion of Instructional Rating Manual
- Read Entire Sigma manual
- Complete USPA & UPT written tests (digital copy preferred)
Please bring copies the Following to this Course:
- USPA or foreign membership card with D-license number and Coach or Instructor rating endorsement
- Copy of a current FAA class 3 medical certificate or foreign equivalent
- Logbooks showing 500 jumps and 3 years in the sport
- Completed USPA & UPT written tests
Course cost is $500 + slots, rig rental, and packing. To register for the course, please call 716-597-7393.